- Sear halibut in a hot pan until golden brown remove from pan and place in an oven proof dish and roast at 185c for approximately 6 minutes.
- Place frying pan back on the heat and add the chopped shallots, glass of wine and the mussels and cover for 3 minutes.
- Drain off the mussels keeping the cooking liquor for the base of the sauce.
- Return Liquor back to the pan and add the double cream season with salt and reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove mussels form shells and place in the centre of the plate, placing the halibut on top and poring the sauce round the outside garnish with some micro pea shoots & olive oil.
Serves 2 - 3
- Olive oil
- 1 250ml glass white wine
- 250ml of double cream
- 2 banana shallots finely chopped
- 4 fresh Halibut fillets (6oz)
- 1kg Fresh Mussels
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- knob of butter