- Soak the beans in cold water for 24 hours Next day place the beans in a sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, drain and refresh the beans.
- Sweat the diced carrots and onions in duck fat until just golden, season, add the garlic and tomato paste and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the diced medium hot chorizo and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the beans, stock and bring to a simmer, cook for about 1 hour covered with lid, then check if beans are cook and simmer for longer if needed.
- To complete the dish, finish the cassoulet with knob of butter and chopped mixed herbs such as chives, parsley.
- Heat up a gridlle pan with touch of oil, quickly grill the mackerel fillets skin side down flipping them the last 10 second on the flesh side and then place on top of the cassoulet, drizzle with cold press rapeseed oil and serve.
Serves 2 - 3
- 600 g White beans
- 100g Donkey carrot
- 100g onions
- 60g duck fat
- 20g garlic
- 50g tomato paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 250g medium hot chorizo