- Roll the fish so the thin ends are tucked underneath: you want a neat little parcel. Top with the black pudding then wrap in the bacon.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet and drizzle with oil. (I don’t season, as cured fish is already salted.)
- Place the baking sheet near the top of a preheated oven ( 230C / 450F / Gas8) for 15 minutes until the fish is just cooked.
- Serve hot with pan juices poured over.
- Undyed smoked haddock fillets (175 – 200g/ 6 – 7 oz each), skinned
- 2 thin slices black pudding, skinned (cut very cold or it might crumble)
- 4 rashers dry-cure unsmoked back bacon
- olive oil